
I think that media institutions such as
IPC media and Bauer are the type of institutions that would distribute my
magazine. Both companies are very successful, IPC media publish magazines such
as NME and Look. Both of which I feel
are related to mine, with Look being a very feminine magazine and NME obviously
being a very popular music magazine. The magazines which they publish are
really suited towards my target audience. As NME is mainly based on rock music,
I feel that my magazine will bring a lot to the company as it is an R&B
magazine,
which will attract another range of people to the institution. The magazines
which I have looked at all seem very tailored towards particular genres or
audiences, this is common across a lot of magazines as it is difficult to have
a magazine with a large target audience and something which interests everybody
without it being too diverse. Therefore I feel It is important to have many
more specific magazines to suit individual target audiences and interests.
Bauer are very successful and publish magazines such as Kerrang and
Q. I think that because they already have this strong background in magazines
similar to mine, my magazines will also be widely accepted in their company.
There is a gap in the market for my kind of magazine as I have a age range
which the current market does not cater for, as many people in my generation
now use the internet to find out the latest information on music and
surrounding topics, I feel It is important to ensure that a magazine like mine
will stand out and encourage young people to still buy magazines despite
technology improving. 

No comments:
Post a Comment